The ALA has a data integration process that is used for all datasets, consisting of:
- Data mobilisation for continuously updated datasets, or the simpler Data uploads process for less frequently updated datasets
- Data quality assurance—checking various aspects of the data, e.g., the current species name, and automatically attaching these results to records
- Data sensitivity check—to identify if the data relates to a species that is deemed to be sensitive for reasons of conservation or biosecurity to obfuscate the exact location or hide very sensitive records from public view.
- Our data providers for information on who provides our data
- ALA data for information on the types and nature of the data used by the ALA