The ALA receives support from the Australian Government through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) and is hosted by CSIRO. It is a node of the Global Biodiversity Infrastructure Facility (GBIF).
The ALA Advisory Board supports the high-level direction and delivery of the ALA by providing vision, advocacy and advice.
- Chair: Dr Ian Cresswell, Adjunct Professor, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, UNSW
- Dr Bek Christensen, Programs Director of the Peter Cullen Trust and President, Ecological Society of Australia
- Mr Matthew Miles, Principal for Environmental Information, South Australian Department for Environment and Water
- Mr Brant Smith, Assistant Secretary, Geospatial and Information Analytics, Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Dr Stephen van Leeuwen, BHP/Curtin Indigenous Professor in Biodiversity & Environmental Science, Curtin University
- Dr Manu Saunders, Lecturer in Ecology and Biology, School of Environmental and Rural Science, University of New England
- Professor David Cantrill (ex-officio), Executive Director Science, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria
- Ms Toni Moate (ex-officio), Director, National Collections and Marine Infrastructure, CSIRO
- Dr Andre Zerger (ex-officio), Director, Atlas of Living Australia
Dr Andre Zerger
Mr Hamish Holewa
Chief Operating Officer