Citizen science is becoming an increasingly significant and important contributor to the pool of data being used to create a more accurate picture of our biodiversity and ultimately advance scientific knowledge.
Since 2010, the Atlas of Living Australia has been working with hundreds of organisations across Australia to support citizen science activities. We have gained a deep understanding of the citizen science landscape across all biodiversity-related areas.
BioCollect fills a significant gap in data collection tools, supporting scientists wanting to engage the public in their research and the public wanting to participate in important scientific work, including collecting their own observation data.
Free for public use!
COLLECT your data – PROMOTE your project – COMMUNICATE with participants – SHARE your data
Start your own project:
Use for assessment & monitoring projects which you want to invite public participation in
Features & benefits
- Create your own project website.
- Create and manage your own surveys.
- Attach all kinds of materials to your project and choose to make them public or for project members only.
- Manage membership and user roles.
- Flexible and simple-to-use project and activity set up – start recording data in minutes.
- Standards-based components ensures that data can be shared with others and easily used.
- Protect your valuable data with a hosted and backed-up database.
- Seamless data flows to the ALA.
- Mobile apps to make your project accessible and portable.
- Review, manage and download your data.
- Easy access to all of your projects.